Mojo Request I'm listening to the new Rubber Soul remix, and thinking about how John smoked cigarettes, lots of old pictures with him smoking a cigarette back then

While there are no old pictures shown here, one can only imagine how cool he looked.

slash.jpg
 
Watching Get Back when it came out a few years ago and seeing the Beatles smoking a ton I couldn’t help but think how bad everyone and everything must have smelled
 
Watching Get Back when it came out a few years ago and seeing the Beatles smoking a ton I couldn’t help but think how bad everyone and everything must have smelled
That’s the smell of my 1980s childhood! When restaurants still had smoking sections with ceiling fans that distributed the smoke to the rest of the restaurant and white guitars that never saw sunlight still turned a sickening shade of dingy.
 
I guess I was a bit nieve. I thought John only smoked weed. "Everybody's smoking, but no one's getting high".
Keith did both.
STEPHANIE-PFRIENDER-STYLANDER.jpeg
 
Smoking was pretty common back then. Everyone in my family smoked, myself included. If we were posing for a picture we put the cigarette down, but candid photos would show us smoking.

I finally quit smoking about thirty-five years ago. It was tough at first but I can't imagine smoking now.
 
Back
Top