What’s your first “break it out at a party” song

2manband

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Something fun and upbeat that you can still play on an acoustic guitar. I led with Crocodile Rock tonight and it was just about perfect for the job at hand
 
I can do a decent version of Petty's Learning To Fly whilst absolutely shit faced. That's probably one of my main go tos.
 
I don't have a steady. Right now it would probably be "You've Lost That Loving Feeling", since it falls nicely in my vocal range and people can sing along to it.
 
That's a real banger! I remember when you had that pool party a few years back and strummed that...good times! It was right after I played this one....do you remember?



Remember? I introduced you to Arthur Russell, Db.
 
I'm with Chad. But my wife likes to embarrass me from time to time. Thank God we don't go to parties anymore.
The worst was when we were in a bar in Savannah for St. Patrick's Day. There was a guy playing acoustic for the crowd. We had been there for about an hour and I was lit. All of a sudden I hear over the PA, "I heard Jeremy (that's me) wants to come up and do a song for us! Come on Jeremy!"
Apparently one of my friends had secretly asked if I could play something. I was mortified. Had I not been hammered I would have run out of the bar. So I played Wish You Were Here and didn't screw it up thankfully.
I had played in front of my high school plenty of times before that but it had been a few years since. I do not like playing for strangers.
 
Back
Top