GPOTD 12.20.22 I was a devil guitar before devil guitars were cool edition

tiger roach

Urban Bovine Knievel
jwvohqbqlgl2cz7zwojw.jpg


zcfphm8ji8libgdn0116.jpg


tuhlttswvjw9hmqff2m0.jpg


Vintage 1962 Gibson SG Special. All Original

Played but taken care of, all original 1962 Gibson SG. Original dated pots and wiring are clean and function as they should. Neck is straight and truss rod is fully functional. Frets show some wear but have plenty of life left in them. Has not seen any breaks or repairs. Finish crack at the heal doesn’t appear to be structural and has been there for 20 plus years. Knobs are original however I did replace three of the silver tops. They went missing many years ago. Overall this has been a killer player! Sounds and plays as good as she looks! Classic SG tone and resonates for days. Aftermarket TKL case included.

Vintage 1962 Gibson SG Special. All Original | Reverb
 
Earlier this year I very nearly picked up a RI of these, with the vibrola. Wasn't even that expensive, but I figured it wouldn't work for the kind of stuff I'm into ATM.
 
I love that...I wish I found SGs more comfortable to play, but I hate they way they hang on a strap.


I used to be in the same boat. Then I decided to buy one and see if I could get used to it. Turns out, I raised the strap a little higher than I have my other guitars and now I love it. No neck dive this way either.
 
It’s an SG :shrug:

Somehow I never really liked the shape. I also find them awkward and the neck is very bendy ( on the ones I tried)
 
For some reason I went from hating the look of an SG to loving it. If I get one it would have to be red. This one would be quite acceptable.
 
that's MY guitar !!!!

well....one EXACTLY like it.
neck heavy as hell, had to trade it for a '71 LP.

$8100 is a bit stiff for that, tho.
i think i gave $325 for mine in '77.
 
Back
Top