Bob Sperzel passed away

dougk

b00b
:(

If you never had a chance to talk to Bob it was a hysterical experience. Incredibly kind, sharp guy.

Passed away surrounded by family at 91 so hard to argue with that run.

This is sad. Yet 91 is a fantastic run.

I talked to him twice over the years. Both times because I man handled and broke two of his tuners. The first time he called me a gorilla and said something like "I really do not understand what you players do to these to break them" then kind of ignored me on the phone while he discussed what I did with everyone in the room.

The second time I talked to him because I man handled a tuner was years later and he remembered me because "Abene" was such an odd name. He said something like "I guess things never change around your neck of the woods" or something of the sort.

All that being said he appeared to be a real joker and loved what he did and loved his customers.

Hands down my favorite tuners.

This is sad. Yet 91 is a fantastic run.

I talked to him twice over the years. Both times because I man handled and broke two of his tuners. The first time he called me a gorilla and said something like "I really do not understand what you players do to these to break them" then kind of ignored me on the phone while he discussed what I did with everyone in the room.

The second time I talked to him because I man handled a tuner was years later and he remembered me because "Abene" was such an odd name. He said something like "I guess things never change around your neck of the woods" or something of the sort.

All that being said he appeared to be a real joker and loved what he did and loved his customers.

Hands down my favorite tuners.

Sounds about right.

He had that crazy funny midwest accent too. My favorite was on the phone the first time "Kauer huh? That's a German name. So is Sperzel!" <click>

Seriously. That's how the call ended. LOL

Back