Hot or Not? Eco guitar explorer

I am not a fan of the Explorer body shape, but I do like how this one looks. I love the top wood....that is a great look.
 
Is it super thin to save wood? It looks like I could punch right through it if I got too jazzed on stage.
 
And then put in active pickups that require disposable batteries. :embarrassed:

Rechargeable 9 volt batteries exist. You don’t even need the big charger anymore, there are batteries that charge with generic USB chargers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: wok
I like the wood, but the black bridge and EMGs are jarring. Aged nickel and passive pickups would be much more to my liking. Change the knobs to gold speed knobs and the pickguard to 5-ply black while they're at it.

"Gimme Three Steps' would be the first thing I'd play on it.
 
Are you sure the checks on the top edge, above the jack, won't get bigger?

It's the result of a finishing technique that removes some of the softer grain, exposing more of the hard wood. With this species it has a really exaggerated appearance but should be very stable.
 
I like the wood, but the black bridge and EMGs are jarring. Aged nickel and passive pickups would be much more to my liking. Change the knobs to gold speed knobs and the pickguard to 5-ply black while they're at it.

"Gimme Three Steps' would be the first thing I'd play on it.

It looks like they make a handfull of the instruments on their feed but the majority are student builds from a workshop they run. Black hardware seems to be the preference in Sao Paulo.
 
I'm not an explorer guy, plus active pups so não.

I think the wood itself might be nice - I bet they could give it a more conventional finish without compromising the eco thing. And it would look better that way to me, maybe even really good.
 
I give it a meh. I love the explorer look, but I find them really uncomfortable to play with the large rear body. I'm sure that guitar might sound really cool with the interesting wood mix, but I suspect the pickup selection is not a good choice to really bring that out.
 
Back
Top