How much is an appropriate tip to the pizza delivery guy (or girl)

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
Let's say your order is 25-30 dollars....

How much is appropriate if ......

A.....the business has a delivery surcharge

B......the business does not have a delivery charge


Do you theweiner tip the same regardless or do you adjust your tip because a delivery charge?
 
I always assume the delivery surcharge doesn’t go the the person that brings me the food, but pays for the packaging and shit. I guess my tip depends on the size of the order and such. On a typical order of a couple of pizzas it is usually 5 bucks. If it is something weird like 20 pizzas, then it is a larger amount. I don’t really go by the bill and a percentage, I more try to guess how much of a pain in the ass it is for them and adjust accordingly.
 
Depends. Historically the whole tipping thing has been different over here because of the wage settlements between employees, employers and the unions. However, this is changing rapidly because the chains outsource delivery to 'one person companies' rather than employing them. That way there's basically no regulation.

A couple of years ago we only tipped waiters, usually 10-20%, but now this is what I'd tip any kind of delivery as well. Trouble is cash has largely been replaced by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MobilePay so you've got to remember to have a bit at home. It's a bit awkward to be honest and not at all like tacitly leaving a bit of cash on the table at a restaurant.
 
If it's a small company with their own delivery guys, I usually give them a few euro's.

If it's a part of one of those big delivery services, fuck that, they should just pay their employees reasonable wages.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top