Dig it! I found a golden treasure tucked so sweetly inside this American Professional Tele I got used at GC today... ohhhh boy

smurfco

Meatus McPrepuce
I was farting around in GC today and checked out a used 2017 American Professional Telecaster that was reasonably priced. I was playing it and thinking "I know these V-mod pickups don't get a lot of love from people but I think these sound pretty damn good to me!"

Soo I got the guitar and took it home to clean it up and check everything out Trogly style and look what I found.....

IMG_3657.jpeg


IMG_3658.jpeg


Ohhhhhhhh yessssss
 
Well... the good news is now that I've got the setup dialed in this is a GREAT sounding Tele. Wonderful!

The bad news is there appears to be a high fret around the 4th or 5th around the high E, so I'll need to have my guy do a dressing for me. I found a great guy here in Austin (Landis Guitars if you're ever in the area and need work) and it should only cost about a hundred bucks. I think it'll be well worth it.....
 
welll it is offffff to get the frets addressed! since I scored with those pickups i decided to splurge and give it the PLEK treatment here at straight frets in austin - they did my tele deluxe and it turned out great so I figured hummmm let's get them to do this one too - it's gonna be real good
 
wow! just got a call, it's already ready already! I dropped it of yesterday afternoon and it's ready. that dang plek machine can really crank through 'em I guess... hopefully they didn't do an absolute shit rushed job on it... I guess I'll find out in a few hours!
 
Looking forward to the post-plek review!

This thread made me pick up the Tele and bang and squeeze a while. Of all the pickup upgrades I’ve done, I think putting the Specials in this guitar was the most successful. They almost sound like clones of the Fender originals, but with a notch more output, a hair smoother high end, and a little more 3D feel.
 
ohhh it turned out real nice! yeay!


"hopefully they didn't do an absolute shit rushed job on it..."

I was thinking, what do they do besides push a button to start it? Does he think the Plek machine is going to go faster, decide to skip something? Thinking the only wait is how many other customers are in line when you drop off the guitar.
 
"hopefully they didn't do an absolute shit rushed job on it..."

I was thinking, what do they do besides push a button to start it? Does he think the Plek machine is going to go faster, decide to skip something? Thinking the only wait is how many other customers are in line when you drop off the guitar.
welllll the Plek just gets the frets dead level on the neck. You still have to do a setup after that...
 
welll it is offffff to get the frets addressed! since I scored with those pickups i decided to splurge and give it the PLEK treatment here at straight frets in austin - they did my tele deluxe and it turned out great so I figured hummmm let's get them to do this one too - it's gonna be real good
For a long time, Colorado did not have a PLEK machine. Thanks to your thread and post, I just checked and found out that a place called Maximum Guitar Works, near Golden, CO has a PLEK machine. I think that makes 1 PLEK machine of 30 in the US.
 
Back
Top