We need a new HR person at work.....

We were told today that we have different health insurance this year. They didn't have the details about it yet, but if anyone needed anything such as prescriptions, ER visits, or anything like that, just pay out of pocket and the new insurance will reimburse us. We all thought nothing was changing. Why not tell people it's changing so they can get prescriptions filled at least. Fucking toolbags.

4. Her final day of employment was when she apparently went insane and asked a Seek man if he was a terrorist or knew any terrorists during his orientation, and how this might be an issue for his background check and FBI clearance. She explained that she saw that he was from the UK, but had to ask because of the turban. She was gone that afternoon. I'm good friends with the man, and he still tells that story all the time as the worst evidence of discrimination he has ever seen....and this is from a kid growing up Seek in east London in the 70's.
I bet he'd rather be a Sikh. :embarrassed:

Our HR director is a 3rd degree black belt in two different martial art disciplines. I don't mess with her if I don't have to.

Got me on that one, the fellow I know calls himself a 'seek' pronunciation wise, not 'sick'. I figured he would know. :shrug: No excuse for me on the spelling, of course.

Last edited:
Indeed, I did. I'd love to blame that on autocorrect, but I can only blame the 4 beers I have had so far today, and my own stupidity. Luckily, I don't teach English, or world religion, or the like.

As a former born again orthodox Muslim, I'll drink to that! chears

We were told today that we have different health insurance this year. They didn't have the details about it yet, but if anyone needed anything such as prescriptions, ER visits, or anything like that, just pay out of pocket and the new insurance will reimburse us. We all thought nothing was changing. Why not tell people it's changing so they can get prescriptions filled at least. Fucking toolbags.

images

<senseless whining>
Our HR manager does all the initial screening and the initial interviews and passes on her approved candidates to the dept managers for the second interview. All except for one manager who short circuits her initial screening and does that himself.

We just got another new hire in the office today. Now I am not a creepy old man (yet...), but it is kinda nice to have maybe just a LITTLE bit of eye candy around the office. Given my work environment all the ladies dress pretty conservatively, but a pretty face and a couple nice rear ends do help the day seem a bit brighter. Same could be said for hiring good looking guys for the ladies to admire.

So a new hire just came through to be introduced. And yeah....yet another overweight 50+ year old lady. Not attractive. This is about the 8th in a row. And yes, our HR person is a 50+ lady (but not overweight) but come on....

</senseless whining>

careful what you wish for. one of our VP's is totally smitten (and likely banging) a fairly attractive blonde who is incompetent, a brat, and an asshole. out of 80 employees across several offices, i can't think of a single person that likes her besides him.

we have quite a few other fairly recent hires that are beautiful and present themselves well, but are completely useless and lazy. yet they were hired over other much more qualified and capable people. they get weeded out eventually but it's slow and painful.

i had to spend 3 weeks offshore with one such hire. i knew after 2 days that she was incompetent and the only job she could do well, without fucking up or worse endangering my crew, was print out and stick labels to sample jars. yet the boss who hired her assured me she'd be great. i'll take a talented elephant woman with a good work ethic over a pretty dope with a PhD every time.

Got me on that one, the fellow I know calls himself a 'seek' pronunciation wise, not 'sick'. I figured he would know. :shrug: No excuse for me on the spelling, of course.

Does he have an accent? Infect him with one of your superbugs and see if he says he is sick or seek.

Back