WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO......RIGHT NOW......Mk III

IMG_2621.jpeg
 
Muireann Bradley, but not the song I wanted.

Let me 'splain...

Binged Blue Lights on HBO Max. Season (series for our Irish and British friends) 3 Episode 1, starts with a haunting cover of Dirty Old Town. I knew the Pogues version and that it's essentially a traditional despite being written in the mid-1900s. But Muireann's take is just her and guitar.

Anyways, off to the intergoogles I went to track down this, uh, well...umm, track. No luck with any streaming service, uToob, or any other source where one might find such things. Apparently she recorded it for the show, but it hasn't been made available through the normal channels (at least not as of Friday.

So, I went to Apple Music and started listening to her first (and only) full album. She's an excellent guitarist and singer, if you like traditional folks tunes and fingerpicked acoustic guitar. Check and check for me. She was a bit of thing on socials a coupla years ago. The album is called I Kept These Blues.

Here's a live set to enjoy...if you're type of person who enjoys that sort of thing:

 
Back
Top