Yearly Gear update

Bought an Eastman Archtop (HNGD thread somewhere).

Didn’t sell anything. I need to start doing that.

I played a lot of zoom gigs this year.
 
I don't remember if this was this year or last...

Bought:
REVV G3
Strymon Iridium
Gretsch 5220 BT
Atomic AFB
TC MojoMojo

edit: Nu-X Solid Studio

Sold:
Strymon Iridium

I truly need to look back through my reverb list to verify though.
 
Last edited:
This year I have been busy fixing all my instruments to be in perfect shape, and only purchased 2 smaller things. The first thing was a change of my dist pedal AMT California Sound, to a less aggressive Carl Martin Panama. The other thing was a change of the bridge pickup in my Godin Artisan ST-1, from a loud Dimarzio Super Distortion S, to a more modest Dimarzio Injector.
The reason for both these changes was that I discovered that my idea of playing mostly with the neck pickups into a Boss OD3, and then suddenly change to an over-the-top distpedal, or an over-the-top bridge pickup, was a bad idea. I never used those options, it didn’t sound so musical. The changes I’ve done are less over-the-top, and are already used a lot.
 
I got a Spark amp, a new ipad mini to use with it, a Scarlett interface so I can finally start recording, and some String Swing hangers and tracks to hang guitars when I converted my home office to my Guitar Room.
 
Bought a thing a week ago, will share here if it arrives by the new year. That's it.
I'm not going to bother posting a picture, but I got a "pocket trumpet" from good will. It's pitched liked a regular trumpet, but is Lord around twice, so it's only 9" long or so. I don't play brass; I had a tuba fall into my lap a few years ago, which I'd really love to play, but it's so big and loud I can only play it when I've got an afternoon alone at home to haul it out and blast. I figured the trumpet is easy to bust out, had the same fingering, and will really get my embouchure in shape compared to the tuba. Preservation Jazz Hall, here I come!
 
I can't remember when I bought my 12 string but I know I bought my Martin D16E for my birthday in October. That's it for this year.
I need to fix and sell my Bugera V5 Infinium because it is just collecting dust. I'm too lazy to go through the motions right now.
 
I got an Arturia MicroFreak synth, and a couple of drum machines. A used Alesis SR18 and an Arturia Drumbrute Impact.
Then I got depressed and lost my mojo about halfway thru the year.
Still trying to recover.
 
V72pAjb.gif

DO IT DOUG!
 
Bought this:
A9rORFi.jpg


Got these two from a friend who's apartment I've helped to evict:
RvKmBwl.jpg

boxb1UZ.jpg

The DS-1 was given to a friend not long ago.

Got this for my birthday:
UVIeO3Z.jpg


Bought a new desktop, with headphones, a condenser mic and a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, planning to learn to record at home.

Didn't sell anything, but got the money for the Digitech Dirty Robot that I technically sold last year.
 
Back
Top